If you’d like to book Krista for a speaking engagement, please contact her here.
Let’s Stop Talking About Technology and Start Talking About Learning
Education technology has a branding and messaging problem. In this speech, Krista will share real talk about her lessons learned integrating technology in the classroom, district office, and with schools all over the country. Digital tools can’t replace powerful teaching strategies – but harnessed correctly, can make every teacher more efficient and more effective. Recommended for all audiences, especially the most technology-cautious crowds.
Zero to Coding: One Year as a Software Engineer
You don’t need to learn to code to benefit from learning to think like an engineer. In this speech, Krista will talk about her one year deep dive into life as a full-stack software engineer at a startup in San Francisco. She’ll talk about how she learned to code, common misconceptions about engineering, and key takeaways that any school looking to add coding to their curriculum should consider. Recommended for all audiences.
PREVIOUS SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Keynote Speaker. “Let’s Stop Talking About Technology, and Start Talking About Learning.” Follett Aspen Institute, Annual Conference. Providence, RI. 4-7-15.
- Guest Speaker. Panel: “Made with Code: Fireside Chat”. YouTube Headquarters. San Bruno, CA. 5-19-15.
- Presenter. “Beyond Data: What Does Learning Really Look Like?” & “Get Ready for a 1-to-1 Rollout!” ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) Annual Conference 2015. Philadelphia, PA. 7-1-15.
- Guest Speaker. Speech: “Moving Beyond Substitution: What Technology Has Changed, and How We Need to Change.” Panel: “Technology: Silver Bullet or Challenge?”. EdCrunch International Conference. Moscow, Russia. 9-13-15 through 9-15-15.
- Guest Lecturer. “Using Technology to Personalize Learning.” Changning School District in Shanghai, China. Coordinated through Teachers College, Columbia University in NY. 7-5-14 through 7-6-14.
- Presenter. “Iron Chef 2014”, “Digital Promise Micro-credentials”, “Ed Tech Challenge” ISTE Annual Conference 2014. Atlanta, GA. 6-21-14.
- Presenter. “Personalize Professional Development with Micro-Credentials.” CUE (Computer Using Educators) Annual Conference. Palm Springs, California. 3-23-14.
- Guest Speaker. “Technology Integration Strategy”. Wisconsin CESA 1 Superintendent’s Meeting. 12-6-2014.
- Presenter. “Ed Tech Challenge: Building a Technology Integration Plan at the District Level”. Midwest Google Apps Summit. 11-5-2013.
- Keynote Speaker. “Let’s Stop Talking about Teaching with Technology, and Let’s Start Talking about Teaching”. JEDA Professional Development Collaborative. Six district workshop, hosted by Lake Mills School District, WI. 10-24-2013.
- Presenter. “Google Apps for Administrators.” AWSA (Association of Wisconsin School Administrators) Conference. Green Bay, WI. 10-16-2012.